Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hay!

xin nian kuai le! :D

CNY has been great over the last 4 days. I recieved a lot of red packets, but thats not the main thing about CNY, isnt it? Being together as a family is what that is important. =)

Before i go to my celebrations, I went back to my primary school on Friday with Tristen, Tomus, Jun Xuan, Joshua, and other Taonanites. Tao nan school has not really changed since i visited the place during teachers' day when I was Sec 1. Reaching the school, we were disaapointed to find that most of the teachers were in a meeting. We waited.

During the waiting time of 3 hours, mostly everyone returned home. I stayed back to walk around the school, do a bit of homework =/

Finally, the teachers were released. However, there was a fire drill.

Went to the field outside. The cohord assembled in 8 minutes and 3 seconds hahahaha

There were also quiet :) (Facebook group: Why must we keep quiet during a fire drill? WIll the fire hear us?) hahahahha

Finally finally, I got to talk to my teachers :D

It was worth the wait.

Now, let me recall the 4 days of CNY

Day 1 - had counted down the previous night, so I woke up late and was tired, but after the festive mood had entered me, I was cheerful and lively :) Had visitors coming over, it was my first red packet for the year =]

Took some family pictures while waiting for the guest to arrive. My dog kept on being extra and tried to stand in the picture. Attention-seeker lol XD

Went to my grandparents place for tuan yuan fan, or family reunion meal. Did not stay long, before we went to my maternal's side of the family.

Day 2

Started to gamble a bit *heheh*

Played blackjack with my family members including my cousins.

I also played the card version of monopoly. Its more stategic than dependant on luck, and much more meaningful then blackjack. It's a fun game, really :d

Family came over to my house for dinner :D

Day 3

Nothing much... same thing bai nian etc :D

Day 4

Day before we return to school. The festive mood was drifting away, and occupied by the anxiety of not completing my homework =X

haha

Played monopoly and blackjack in the morning with my cousins again, before going to my aunt's place. My cousins already finished their homework, i felt really guilty :O

There was a trampoline at my cousins place. If I could jump on a trampoline every day I would be much taller ;'(

Anyway, dinner was awesome. XD

Went to an italian pizzaria restaurant, where the "table cloth" is actually paper, and you are given crayons and can draw on the paper itself. I'm not good at drawing, so the paper looked more like vandalism than a masterpiece.

Moving on to the food. The pastas are great, but the pizzas are better. We ordered a pizza that was very large. I forgot the dimensions sorry :D

Random bit: The toilets of the restaurants are well decorated with funny jokes and stories. Seriously

And that was my first 4 days of CNY. I think my family might still be celebrating this weekend, but next week is the CA, so I should spend my time wisely.

Debate tomorrow, I should get ready :D

Good night, rest well and happy CNY.

profile
Lie Wen
12 April
Tao Nan School - Victoria School
Secondary 4D
Choirister - Alto 1/Bass 2


tagboard



links
MY OWN BLOG
VS 2A'09 Class Blog
Choir Blog
Aaron
Alif
Athanasius
Benjamin
Bok Woon
Cheng Yu
Clement
Darius
Eugene
Francis
Gerald
Haziq
Jason Koh
Jason Lin
Jia Peng
Jonathan Kit
Jonathan Teo
Ken
Kenneth Chiang
Kenneth Tay
Matthew
Melvin
Muzafar
Nicholas
Pandiyan
Rifdi
Sen
Tristen
Yong Xiang
Ze Xuan
Zhi Hao


credits
Feat:Lily Cole
Design and Graphics by Kenneth Kennedicut Chiang