Friday, May 28, 2010

Finally, semester 1 has come to a close. The last week of school was lectures and talks and celebration.

Monday was Maths and Science day, and we had to go through a financial literacy workshop. They told us how to invest in stocks. I don't really know what to say about this, because investing in stocks may lead to an addiction, thus the person will have a "High input, higher output" mindset. The person might invest all his savings and wealth on stocks and try to gamble with it, in hopes that he might be rich because of this. However, if the stocks plumet to a low price then the person made a huge loss, etc.

Sorry for the huge explanation, because I have 2 oral exams during the June holidays and I'm very nervous >.<

Anyway, I do admit it was heart-pumping and exhilarating to "watch the stock prices change", although i would not really want to get involve in this in future :P

Tuesday was A-maths and Bio lecture. :/ nothing much to say, but I did get to help out with the head prefect elections, by managing the stations.

Wednesday was Arts day. The teachers put up a very exceptional 4-instrument band performance, plus another teacher as a singer. While the Sec 3 cohord went to watch a movie, I again helped out with the HPE.

The evening was dramafest =) I helped to usher ^^

The performances were very good, and it was enjoyable :)

Finally, the last day was recieving back our report books. Based on my results, I feel that I need to improve on my 3 languages and humanitites. My sciences and maths helped to pull my percentage up, but my sciences could use an improvement as well. I will ask myself, "have I worked hard enough?". I would always answer with a 'no' , because there is alwys room for improvement. ;)

Anyway, looking at the upcoming events for the June holidays, I found out that I am really packed with events, mostly projects. Enjoy your holidays, but spend them fruitfully ;P

profile
Lie Wen
12 April
Tao Nan School - Victoria School
Secondary 4D
Choirister - Alto 1/Bass 2


tagboard



links
MY OWN BLOG
VS 2A'09 Class Blog
Choir Blog
Aaron
Alif
Athanasius
Benjamin
Bok Woon
Cheng Yu
Clement
Darius
Eugene
Francis
Gerald
Haziq
Jason Koh
Jason Lin
Jia Peng
Jonathan Kit
Jonathan Teo
Ken
Kenneth Chiang
Kenneth Tay
Matthew
Melvin
Muzafar
Nicholas
Pandiyan
Rifdi
Sen
Tristen
Yong Xiang
Ze Xuan
Zhi Hao


credits
Feat:Lily Cole
Design and Graphics by Kenneth Kennedicut Chiang