|
|
Friday, August 6, 2010
I managed to sort of complete all my homework from Taiwan :)
CA is next week, and so is YOG. Even though I got a VR for my sciences and maths, I still should try to study as much as I can while commiting to the YOG rehearsals. Why did I get VR for my better subjects? T.T But anyway, for YOG, we are singing the National Anthem. I wouldn't call our anthem a song, but it's more of our identity, so obviously we must perfect every compnent of our performance, from walking into the stage, leaving the stage, singing "with emotion", etc. Yesterday, I was the announcer on stage as part of my prefect duty... again. This was my third attempt in the parade square, where I lead the school in saying "please put away your reading materials and look up"and etc etc. When I recalled my first try, it was a failure, and the second try wasn't much of a success either. So yesterday before I went on stage, I was nervous again. As I stepped on stage, I felt my legs wobble from the inside, but I tried to fight back my nervousness. then, when I took over the mike, I felt speechless. I tried to begin my first line, but with thousans of eyes staring at me, it only seems this time that "eyepower" was strong. So then I looked up at the sky bridge. The intense sense of nervousness seemed to have calmed down inside of me, then I began speaking. It went smoothly, except that they were a few minor discrepancies here and there, some people saying my voice was squeaking, but overall it was alright. Now, hopefully every time I go on stage it will run smoothly ._. Moving on to today, National Day celebrations! The mood was quite jolly and relaxed, for there were no lessons to be taught on that day, although there was the Cross Country Run. :O Even though this run was optional for the YOG choir boys, I still ran, because it was fun. I missed running on sand and listening to the cheers and screams of everyone. When I started, I managed to overtake 75% of the crowd, because I don't think many people take this run seriously. I mean, groups like the "Mass Walking Group" was formed, as they were obviously too lazy to run. And it was also infuriating when on the way back, you see people taking a short U-turn and heading baack to the start, when they should have ran to the 2km mark first before turning back. However, I still tried to concentrate on the run. I managed to clinch a timing on 26 minutes+, which is a 3 minute improvement since the run last year. My 2.4 timing improved as well. I improved by 2 minutes, from 16.48 minutes to 14.43 minutes. Though this isn't such a timing to brag about, I find it an achievement, as this is my first time passing my NAFFA test in Secondary school =) I mean, looking back to Primary school, I pass the test without breaking a sweat, but then everything changed. I guess this goes to show we not only need to accept changes, but work on them and try to adapt as well =) YOG is in a few days, try not to miss the opening ceremony ;D ï Ï ö Ö ë Ë ä Ä ü Ü -> I just learnt how to do that on my computer :) |
profile
Lie Wen12 April Tao Nan School - Victoria School Secondary 4D Choirister - Alto 1/Bass 2 tagboard
links
MY OWN BLOGVS 2A'09 Class Blog Choir Blog Aaron Alif Athanasius Benjamin Bok Woon Cheng Yu Clement Darius Eugene Francis Gerald Haziq Jason Koh Jason Lin Jia Peng Jonathan Kit Jonathan Teo Ken Kenneth Chiang Kenneth Tay Matthew Melvin Muzafar Nicholas Pandiyan Rifdi Sen Tristen Yong Xiang Ze Xuan Zhi Hao credits
Feat:Lily ColeDesign and Graphics by Kenneth Kennedicut Chiang |