|
|
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Back to school Ö
Well, after 1 week of holidays, I ask myself: Did I spend my holidays properly? Sadly, the answer was an obvious "no". Mr Khoo taught us an "opportunity graph". Basically the 2 axises were "fun" and "work satisfaction", or something like that. The graph had a negative gradient, which meant that the more fun we have, the less work we do, thus not completing our work. If you ask me to plot an X on the graph based on my holidays, I think I had more fun than work satisfaction, mainly because I did not work hard enough. I did complete *most* of my homework, and was especially elated that I completed my Social Studies notes. However, that is not enough. Today on my way to my Third Language room, I walked past the gallery on the third floor above the hall. Mr Low was giving a presentation to the Secondary 4s. From what I saw, it was just a "nondescript" slide. On it wrote "40 days to O levels". Now, I'm not a Secondary 4 yet, I take SA2. So if it was 40 days to the O's, then the number of days left to SA2 is much shorter than 40 days. This was a wake-up call for me. What I want to do now is to focus on completing all of my homework and spend fruitful time studying. 3 weeks of happiness or 2 months of happiness? If I completely "heck care"about studying now, I would be happy for 3 weeks because I would not need to study. But receiving terrible results will cause me to feel utterly disappointed. If I study from now to SA2 and do well, all the studying will be difficult, but I would feel great provided my results are good and I would feel happy for the rest of the year. So, obviously I would want the latter. I'm sure you all have ran in the Cross-Country 4km run in our school. It doesn't matter if you took part in the competitive category, or the mass run. I feel that a year in our schooling life is similar to running the 4km. For every CA and SA, we successfully complete 1km. Since CA2 is over, that means we are down to our last few 100 meters or so. What do we do? No more walking and chit-chatting... It's time to sprint to the end! |
profile
Lie Wen12 April Tao Nan School - Victoria School Secondary 4D Choirister - Alto 1/Bass 2 tagboard
links
MY OWN BLOGVS 2A'09 Class Blog Choir Blog Aaron Alif Athanasius Benjamin Bok Woon Cheng Yu Clement Darius Eugene Francis Gerald Haziq Jason Koh Jason Lin Jia Peng Jonathan Kit Jonathan Teo Ken Kenneth Chiang Kenneth Tay Matthew Melvin Muzafar Nicholas Pandiyan Rifdi Sen Tristen Yong Xiang Ze Xuan Zhi Hao credits
Feat:Lily ColeDesign and Graphics by Kenneth Kennedicut Chiang |