Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hello!!!!

Sorry for not posting for sooooo long.... I forgot I had a blog! Nah, just kidding!

There was just so many events and happenings over the past (month?)

This post will be en epic-ly long post :D

Let's start of with YOG. The choir performed in the inaugural Youth Olympic Games Opening Ceremony. We were actually supposed to sing 6 songs:

Majulah Singapura (National Anthem) Woah~~~
Semogia Bahagia (Sama sama, maju kehadapan... Pandai cari, pelajaran...)
Welcome Song - Selamat Datang
客人来
Enjoy Yourself
Bum bum bole

Unfortunately, they decided that we only sang our first song, the national anthem. It was very disappointing, but being able to perform in the YOGOC is already an honour, and something that might possibly only happen once in a lifetime.

So, there were many vigorous practices. We got to skip school on Wednesdays, and also had to come on Saturdays to rehearse, mainly our coming-in where we had to walk, in 2 seperate groups, ahead for a few steps, turn, walk to each other, and then turn and walk forward. As simple as it sounds, it acutally isn't. We had to memorise the steps needed to walk, ensure we are always aligned in our rows and columns.

2 weeks sped by very quickly, and only after about 6 rehearsals, we were "ready" for the actual thing. We came up and the rows seemed distorted, and it started breaking up like a cookie in milk. Sorry for that fail analogy, but that was exactly what happened. We did not turn as one and the other group turned and walked to the audience first. We thought we messed up big time.

One mistake = 2 billion mistakes, so how many mistakes did we make?

After I watched the recording, I found out the mistakes we made were not obvious at all, and it seemed more of a "formation". During our walk in, the camera was actually filming the flag party, so I guess we were almost perfect. Then, we sang.

It was awesome. I thank this person for recording it: =]

So overall, I think it was a success. As for the mistakes, let that be part of a lesson, so we would continue to improve as a choir :D

Good thing we did not performance for the closing ceremony, it would have been too hectic. And if you compare the National Anthem at the OC and CC, I think our performance is better, and will always be awesome =]

____________________________

Moving to...... Exams!!!

So because of us performing for YOGOC, we get VR for the exams. Well, most of it. I got VR for my Physics, Chemistry, Biology, A-Maths and E-Maths, and Chinese. MY BETTER SUBJECTS

So my non-VR subjects were English, Bahasa Indonesia and Humanities.

English was summary :( and other components, but overall my English has never been good.

Bahasa Indonesia is OK, my test didn't do so well, but thankfully the projects and homework pulled me up.

Humanities? My link CMI :( I have most of the points, but because of the link which I fail at writing, it's impossible to score high. Oh, 80% of the level failed :P

So my MSG is 5.0, which is quite bad, although it would have been better if I did not get a VR. Still, no use crying over spilled milk, I might as well spend my holidays fruitfully and STUDY. I'm still trying to obtain a single L1R5 MSG. ö

________________________

Moving on to Teacher's Day!

In VS there was a teacher's day performance, which was mostly band performances. Not concert band, but music bands formed within classes. I think it is a very useful way to bring out the musicality of students =]

Then after school, I went back to Primary School- TAO NAN SCHOOL!!!!

Tao Nan was my first tiny step into education. So, I went with Dennis, Clarence, Wen-Yu, Ashley, Tavis, and Elliot. TNS-VSchoir gang!

In Tao Nan, I also saw many familiar and many "unfamiliar" faces, of people who were actually my classmates. Unfamiliar because I completely forgot who they are :( It was a good opportunity to catch up with my ex-classmates and visit our teachers. Some of my teachers still teach in TNS, while some are not there anymore. =[

The performance in the hall was very entertaining. There was a "Don't Forget the Lyrics" game, class videos and dances and song. It was a custom to sing the Teacher's Day song of Tao Nan. I completely do not remember the song, but it lingered in my head after I listened it. The memories... I'm so going back again next year, and it will probably be my last time visiting. T.T

_____________________

Is this the end of my post? I probably have more to write, but had forgot what they are. I'll continue writing when I have remembered.

So, till then, I'll start studying for SA2.

"What that doesn't kill us only makes up stronger." Even though my CA2 results weren't so great, it sure thought me a lesson to improve my grades and hit a 6-points, or at least a single-digit. That's all I want. =)

profile
Lie Wen
12 April
Tao Nan School - Victoria School
Secondary 4D
Choirister - Alto 1/Bass 2


tagboard



links
MY OWN BLOG
VS 2A'09 Class Blog
Choir Blog
Aaron
Alif
Athanasius
Benjamin
Bok Woon
Cheng Yu
Clement
Darius
Eugene
Francis
Gerald
Haziq
Jason Koh
Jason Lin
Jia Peng
Jonathan Kit
Jonathan Teo
Ken
Kenneth Chiang
Kenneth Tay
Matthew
Melvin
Muzafar
Nicholas
Pandiyan
Rifdi
Sen
Tristen
Yong Xiang
Ze Xuan
Zhi Hao


credits
Feat:Lily Cole
Design and Graphics by Kenneth Kennedicut Chiang