Saturday, January 5, 2013

It's been a while...

Looking back, my last post was sometime during my O levels in 2011.

Am I back to blogging? I don't think so. It's 3.09 am now and I'm trying to sleep, but i can't. And since it's been a while, I guess this post shall be some sort of update post and what I've learnt in 2012.

Where I left off...

O levels was tiring no doubt. After hell ended, I didn't have that feeling of relief I expected. Perhaps it was because I had already slacked off too much before preperations.

And then on result day, I got 9 points. I was disappointed because that meant even after -4 points, I still couldn't enter VJ, my JC of choice. But 9 points, I guess, was not too bad either considering I could have worked harder.

And life goes on...

As I expected, even after appealing twice (once through choir, the other through the 'normal' application method), I did not get into VJ. Instead, I got into TJ, which I guess is ok. As for CCA, I wanted to try something new, so I picked bowling, and I'm enjoying it.

I thought secondary school life was hectic already. Then I realised it is nothing compared to JC life. Struggling between PW, academics and CCA.

Shall start with PW...

Initially I dreaded PW. In the PW lectures, I'd be totally lost and have no idea what to do, but I managed to get the hang of it soon enough. I'm not that great of a speaker either (I tend to mumble a lot) so I thought the OP would be my nightmare. However, I had the most awesome group members to work with. We helped each other out and PW was enjoyable in the end. Although ideas were constantly rejected, constanty staying up late to edit work, submitting work just before the deadline, we stood together and everything was alright.

As for my results, I'm ashamed. Honestly, when I entered TJ, I thought I would be able to score well for my studies. It was this complacent attitude that nearly caused me to fail. At the start of the year, the lecturer said 'you have to constantly revise your work. This is not like O level where you can mug everything 1 week before the exam'. I thought they were joking. During the promos, I wasn't able to finish revising through all the chapters (forgot to mention, I'm taking BCME, thanks to my seniors who offered me advice on subjects). Fortunately, I managed to meet the promotion criteria, that is to pass at least 2 subjects. I lack motivation, that's all I'm going to say.

Still, I'm happy and I'll keep smiling.

One lessons I drew from 2012 is that 'I'll never get what I want... Unless I work for it'. Sure enough, this is evident in my results. Even in VS, I'd be wondering why I can't do as well as the scholars/top students in my class. Then I found out, the reason was myself and what I was doing.

Perhaps another lesson I've learnt is 'No regrets'. This was my FB status the day I got my O level results. There are many things we do, that we regret later. For example, I kinda regret choosing Bio over Physics. But what can I do about this? Nothing, except to start working hard for Bio. Learn from your mistakes and move on.

Enough of the philosophical lessons... School starts in 2 days and I'm not prepared, but I will be.

________________

This may be my last post. I sort of have lost interest in blogging and have lost the  time to blog as well. Not sure if anyone still visits my blog, but that wasn't the reason why i started blogging. I blog to recall my actions and reflect, so that I don't make the same stupid mistakes again. So who knows, this may not be the last post after all.

The time now is 3.45am. Typing a long post on a phone is crazy. Goodnight.

profile
Lie Wen
12 April
Tao Nan School - Victoria School
Secondary 4D
Choirister - Alto 1/Bass 2


tagboard



links
MY OWN BLOG
VS 2A'09 Class Blog
Choir Blog
Aaron
Alif
Athanasius
Benjamin
Bok Woon
Cheng Yu
Clement
Darius
Eugene
Francis
Gerald
Haziq
Jason Koh
Jason Lin
Jia Peng
Jonathan Kit
Jonathan Teo
Ken
Kenneth Chiang
Kenneth Tay
Matthew
Melvin
Muzafar
Nicholas
Pandiyan
Rifdi
Sen
Tristen
Yong Xiang
Ze Xuan
Zhi Hao


credits
Feat:Lily Cole
Design and Graphics by Kenneth Kennedicut Chiang